If you’ve ever tried to lose weight, you may be familiar with the old “calories in versus calories out” equation. Although it seems simple and it even makes sense, then why are more than 70% of us fat and over 90% of dieters just gain all the weight back? Well, if you’ve worked with me before, you know that I’m always searching for the underlying cause of stubborn weight issues and mostly what I have found in my decade-long practice is it’s one of 2 things; hormone imbalances or a broken metabolism.
Although stress is the main culprit behind hormone imbalances there is something else lurking in our body that has been overlooked (even by me!). Environmental toxins! Be sure to read my blog, “Why Detox? You Decide!” so that you can be sure to get the latest information from a scientific perspective. I did the research for you so you don’t have to!
So why is it important to know about toxins in the environment and the affect they are having on our bodies? Because if you are dealing with an inability to lose weight matter how hard you try, this is an issue you need to know about!
These environmental toxins are making us fat!
There are multiple reasons why toxic overload causes weight gain and an inability to lose weight. Put simply, toxins are hormone blockers, energy stoppers, fat producers, and destroyers of all functions that are good in the body that you need for fat burning. I didn’t believe just how much it contributes to weight gain either until I saw the evidence for myself!
My article, “The Toxic Burden Keeping us Fat” explains further exactly how toxins make us fat. Before doing any weight loss program, you must first detox and get all of your detoxification organs working well. If you want to lose weight, balance your hormones, have more energy, sleep better, have better moods, and more, detoxing is your best next step!
You can get started right now by getting rid of the biggest hidden toxins in your life. Here is a list of things you can do right away to decrease your toxic burden:
- Switch out all of your household cleaning products to products with all natural ingredients.
- Throw away commercial beauty products that are full of synthetic fragrances and preservatives that get trapped in your body with no way out.
- Check the Environmental Working Group’s website to see the rating of popular chemicals found in the products used on a daily basis.
- Eat organic produce whenever possible, especially the “Dirty Dozen” fruits and vegetables which have the highest level of pesticides.
- If you eat animal foods, organic choices would dramatically reduce one of the biggest hidden sources of pesticides in the body.
- Drink plenty of clean, filtered water.
The first step to get started detoxing is to eliminate the toxins coming in. The next step is to decrease inflammation so you can activate detox pathways. Finally, identifying the specific hidden things that are blocking fat loss in YOUR BODY. There is only one you which is why no cookie cutter approach will work for long-term success.
Let’s get started detoxing so you can lose the weight you’ve been struggling with until now! I’m going to be sending a very special invitation in the next day or two so keep an eye out for it so you don’t miss out!